Old Testament Lesson: Psalm 127:3-5 (Children are a blessing from the Lord)
New Testament Lesson: I Thessalonians 4:1-11 (Living to please God)
Gospel Lesson: Matthew 19:13-15 (The little children and Jesus)
Today we cover two Biblical concepts that go together: children and what causes them. The Bible teaches very clearly that sex is designed by God to be enjoyed within the context of marriage, which often leads to children. Not surprisingly, the best and safest place for a child is a home with a mother and a father who answer God’s call to raise their children in the fear and love of the Lord Jesus. Remember this verse…
Colossians 1:17 – In Jesus all things hold together!
Including your marriage and family!
Pastor Paul’s Recommended Reading for Christian Marriage:
- The Meaning of Marriage: Facing the Complexities of Commitment with the Wisdom of God, by Tim & Kathy Keller
- The Dude’s Guide to Manhood: Finding True Manliness in a World of Counterfeits, by Darrin Patrick
- Intended for Pleasure: Sex Technique and Sexual Fulfillment in Christian Marriage, by Ed and Gaye Wheat
- The Price of Privilege, by Madeline Levine
- A Depraved New World, article by Gene Veith