May 29 - August 2, 2019
2019 Summer Camp
May 28 – August 2, 2019
February Registration Non-Refundable Fee: $30 per child
March Registration Non-Refundable Fee: $40.00 per child
April-August Registration Non-Refundable Fee: $50.00 per child
$35.00 per day child if reserved the Sunday before each week. $40.00 per day per child if reserved Monday-Friday the week of.
$5.00 per day per child.
History: Messiah is about to embark on its fifth year of Summer Camp and has been serving nearly 200 families with Christ-centered summer programming. Camp is run as a ministry of Messiah Lutheran Church. The summer camp director, Wesly Pinkston has over 10 years of experience in education and Summer Camp. Seasonal staff are hired and trained each year to serve campers.
Messiah is different because we believe kids should learn and explore outside in God’s creation over the summer. Counselors are trained to play and interact with campers at a developmentally appropriate level to help create memorable experiences. Also, the camp day is completely planned out to avoid boredom or downtime. You will not find devices or television as part of our programming. Our goal is to create a safe, fun environment for campers to grow closer to Jesus.
Sample Daily Schedule Entering 2019 Preschool- First Grade:
Sample Daily Schedule Entering Second Grade to Eighth Grade:
8 Things to Know About Summer Camp
1. Ratios will be below state recommendations with 8 or fewer children per adult for the younger camp. Ratios are 10:1 for camp activities and 5-8:1 for off campus activities. Pool and big field trips require us to 5:1.
2. Fun, active Bible lessons, guests, games, crafts, and activities will be planned daily. Older campers go on daily field trips. All campers under first grade will rest daily
3. Camp fees will be determined in January 2019. Cost of camp is generally $35-$40 per day. Last year’s extended care cost was $5 per day for AM and/or PM care.
4. Camp runs May 28- August 2. Camp is closed May 27, July 4, and July 5.
5. Camp programming runs from 8:00a.m. to 4:00p.m. Campers should arrive by 9:00 a.m. daily and can be picked up between 3:30p.m. and 4p.m. Extended care is offered from 7 a.m. to 8a.m.
6. Parents receive weekly email updates for camp.
7. Messiah offers completely flexible scheduling. Your child can attend as much or as little as you would like. Spots are simply reserved the Sunday before each week. There are not any half day options.
8. Camp does not currently offer hot lunch. Campers are expected to bring a lunch each day, however a snack is provided.
Camp Director, Wesly Pinkston
Wesly Pinkston has over 13 years of summer camp work experience. This will be her sixth year directing Messiah’s Summer Camp. She has worked with Farley Adventure Camp in Paducah, Kentucky, Lakeview Ministries in Seymour, Indiana, and Summer Impact Ministries as Curriculum Coordinator. Wesly is a graduate of Murray State University with a degree in Elementary Education. She also serves as Connection Coordinator for Messiah.
Contact Wesly Pinkston