UPDATE: ALL AGENDA ITEMS WERE APPROVED!
THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING IN THIS IMPORTANT WORK OF BEING THE CHURCH!
All Messiah Members (age 18+) are invited to attend Messiah’s annual Voters Meeting next Sunday, June 4 following the 11:00 service to approve these items:
- Board Elections: Rachel Wilhelm is nominated for a second term as Board of Lay Ministry member at-large. Returning elders are nominated along with new elders Joe Albaugh & Rick Leitz. Candidate bios available on Sunday, May 28.
- Call Ryan Pfendler as Director of Student & Young Adult Ministries The Pastor Search Committee and the BOLM recommend calling Ryan Pflendler to serve as Director of Student & Young Adult Ministries. This position is funded for three years by the Field of Dreams capital campaign. Ryan is originally from Wake Forest, NC and completed his undergrad work at Concordia, Texas. He is currently a Director of Christian Education completing his internship in Virginia this summer. Ryan is passionate about serving youth & young adults. He is personable, relatable and knowledgeable about sharing faith with the millennial generation. Ryan is willing to explore part-time seminary education on a path to becoming an ordained pastor. If called, Ryan looks forward to serving at Messiah starting approx. August 1.
3) Approve Annual Ministry Plan (Summary available Sunday, May 28)
4) Approve Annual Budget (Summary available Sunday, May 28)
5) Approve Revisions to Messiah’s Constitution (View details and changes)
The Board of Lay Ministry has been working on these recommended changes for more than a year involving several congregation meetings and listening sessions.