PASTOR CHUCK SCHLIE IS MESSIAH’S SENIOR PASTOR!
To the Wonderful People of God at Messiah Lutheran Church,
“Love the Lord and follow His plans for your life. Cling to Him and serve Him enthusiastically!” – Joshua 22:5
I write to you with joy in my heart because after much prayer and conversation, I gratefully accept the title and responsibility to serve our church as Senior Pastor. This is a privileged trust that I do not take lightly. Therefore, I ask for your continued prayers for me, my family and our church family as we begin this new chapter at Messiah. Although we don’t know the future, we know the One who does and the mission He gives us to seek and save the lost. Let’s get after it! I look forward connecting people to Jesus with you!
Yours in Jesus,
STEP 1: DISCOVERY
- Appoint a Call Committee per Messiah’s Constitution & Bylaws (COMPLETE)
8 people applied for the 3 Member Representative Call Committee positions. The Elders recommended 3 to the BOLM & the BOLM voted & approved the Elder recommendations as shown below.
- September 18-28: Church members complete a survey and church leaders complete pastoral profile ranking of desired personal characteristics and ministry skills. (COMPLETE)
- Develop Ministry Description (Senior Pastor Job Description) based on congregational survey results, pastor profile, and Messiah’s long term ministry plan. (COMPLETE)
View Survey Results
- Share Ministry Description (Senior Pastor Job Description) with the congregation. (COMPLETE)
View Ministry Description
STEP 2: NOMINATIONS
- Congregation members nominate Pastors using the official nomination form. (COMPLETE)
- Questions? Please contact Board of Lay Ministry Chairman, Steve Lang at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit Ministry Description, Pastor Profile, and Nomination names to District President. (COMPLETE)
The senior pastor nomination forms received from our congregation were forwarded to the Missouri District president on November 3. Twelve names were submitted to the district, including Pastor Chuck Schlie.
- District President conducts a nation-wide search (>6000 pastors) based on our information and returns names and profiles of Pastors that match Messiah’s needs. (COMPLETE)
STEP 3: INTERVIEWS
- Call Committee selects candidates to participate in the interview process. (COMPLETE)
- Final candidate(s) and their families are invited to Messiah to meet staff, leaders, and congregation. (COMPLETE )
- Call Committee recommends final slate of candidates to the Board of Lay Ministry. If approved, the BOLM votes to approve the final slate of candidates. (COMPLETE)
STEP 4: VOTE & CALL!
- Messiah holds Congregational Meeting to vote on list of proposed pastor(s). If approved, the call is given. (Scheduled for Sunday, January 22 at 12:30pm)
- MEETING RESULTS: The congregation of Messiah Lutheran Church unanimously voted to call Pastor Chuck Schlie as Senior Pastor. After several weeks of prayerful consideration, Pastor Chuck Schlie accepted!
(Sunday, January 22 at 12:30pm)