Our Stephen Ministry team provides confidential, one-to-one Christian care to individuals who are experiencing difficulties in their lives. A Stephen Minister is:
- A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting.
- A congregation member with gifts for caregiving who was carefully selected to serve in this role.
- A person who has received 50 hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care.
- A caring, Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports, and encourages.
- Someone who will “be there” for his or her care receiver, meeting faithfully for about an hour each week, for as long as there’s a need.
If you would like to learn more about Stephen Ministry, contact Messiah’s Spiritual Care Coordinator below.
Contact Pastor John Rauh
Spiritual Care Coordinator