UGANDA SUMMER MISSION TRIP
JUNE 9-20, 2018
- Work through Hearts & Hope to continue to develop and strengthen relationships through the Lutheran Church of Uganda.
- Deliver packets and help with craft projects with over 650 sponsored children in 6 different villages.
- Conduct projects with women in Hearts & Hope partner villages.
- Organize activities with Hearts & Hope schools.
- Other projects will be determined by the team based on interests and current needs of the communities.
Approximate cost: $2600 + $800 for optional trip to Murchison Falls National Park.
Information Meeting : Thursday, January 25th at 7:00 at Messiah
Contact: Julie Stroder firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual Fundraiser: Celebrate Uganda on November 17, 2018
You can sponsor a child at any time at www.heartsandhope.org.
POLAND SUMMER MISSION TRIP
July 13 – 24, 2018
Messiah partners with AIM to send a team of adults and youth to Jastrzebie Zdroj, Poland and Cieszyn, Poland. The teams work with Lutheran Churches in each city to host an English as a Foreign Language/Bible Day Camp for kids ages 6 to 15. This will be the 14th consecutive year Messiah has worked with Lutheran Churches in Poland hosting Day Camps.
Approximate Cost: $2,650 per adult and $2,000 per child (ages 14-17)
Ages: 14+ (minors ages 14-17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian)
Information Meetings: Monday, January 8 at 7pm (Commons) & Monday, January 15 at 7pm (Upper Deck 4)
Contact: Donn Herring: email@example.com
Annual Fundraiser: Rockin’ ‘n’ Rollin’ with Poland on May 18.
GUATEMALA SUMMER MISSION TRIP
TRIP 1: Saturday, July 7 – 14, 2018
TRIP 2: Saturday, July 14 – 21, 2018
- These trips will continue building on relationships developed since 2012.
- VBS is a part of each morning
- Youth Group “retreat” (one day)
- Prayer times with families in the village (home visits)
- “Project” work – These projects will be determined by the mission team as a group. Factors include fundraising, etc. (Past projects include: stoves; a house for a family; build latrines).
Approximate cost: $1800+/- per person
Age: 13+ with parent
Information Meeting: Tuesday, January 9th at 7pm in Upper Deck 4.
Contact: Christy Weber firstname.lastname@example.org
SOUTH DAKOTA SUMMER MISSION TRIP
JUNE 9-17, 2018
- Messiah partners with AIM to send a team of families and individuals to Eagle Butte, South Dakota on the Cheyenne River Indian Reservation to work with the people at the Cheyenne River Youth Project in assisting at-risk kids and youth. This will be the 11th consecutive year Messiah has worked with the Cheyenne River Youth Project reaching at-risk kids.
- The team performs a variety of maintenance, repair and light construction around Cheyenne River Youth Project’s facilities, including helping prepare for the annual RedCan Graffiti Jam (which brings graffiti artist from all over the world to Eagle Butte for an art jam and cultural exchange).
- The South Dakota Family Mission Trip is open to families of all shapes, sizes and compositions, including children, parents and grandparents.
Cost: $300 per adult and $175 per child (12 and younger)
Information Meetings: Monday, January 29 at 7pm (Information Center) and Monday, February 5 at 7pm (Upper Deck 4)
Contact: Donn & LeaAnn Herring: email@example.com
Christmas Wish List Letters are Fulfilled in November/December each year. In 2017, Messiah and other local organizations fulfilled 600+ letters!
Messiah's Annual Events to Support Mission Projects
- Rock ‘n’ Rollin for Poland Family Walk & 5K (May 18, 2018)
- Celebrate Uganda Trivia Night & Auction (November 17, 2018)
- Fulfill Christmas Wish Lists for the Lakota Youth (November & December)
- Guatemala Fundraiser (TBD)
Contact Julie Stroder