Messiah Begins Search for Youth & Family Minister
Hiring Process & Timeline
- Names will be gathered in August and September. The initial screening will take place during this time with the core hiring team:
- Paul Schult, Senior Pastor
- Bryan Blackford, Director of Ministry Programs
- Amy Malterer, HR Representative
- The core hiring team is also responsible for assembling a call committee to conduct interviews through November. The call committee will be made up of 4-5 individuals (1 staff, 1 elder, 2-3 laypersons from our congregation).
- The call committee will recommend a candidate to the Executive Ministry Team, who in turn makes a recommendation to the Board of Lay Ministry.
- A candidate will be recommended by the Board of Lay Ministry to the congregation and a call meeting will be held in January 2016.
- Youth & Family Minister begins spring/summer 2016.
**We realize that this position is crucial to our ministry and that finding the right candidate is far more important than meeting a deadline. Please consider these dates to be best-case targets rather than firm deadlines**
The core hiring team is now accepting names and is in the process of assembling a call committee. Please contact Amy Malterer at email@example.com if you have any questions or potential candidate names.
View Job Description