Perhaps you’ve never studied the Bible Study before? Maybe you don’t know the books of the Bible very well? Worried that you don’t know many people at Messiah? Or perhaps you just want to know more about the Bible and practice taking God’s Words to heart. This list is for you!
5 Reasons to Join a Bible Study group for The Story
5. IT HELPS YOU UNDERSTAND GOD’S STORY
Messiah will use The Story as the basis for the sermons in 2014. You’ll hear the sermons on Sunday mornings, and you can dig deeper in your Bible Study throughout the week. The Story helps you understand how God has been working since the beginning of time to restore our relationship with Him. It will provide a wonderful foundation for a lifetime of Bible study. Perfect for someone who has never read the Bible before!
4. IT HELPS YOU UNDERSTAND YOUR STORY
When you read the Bible and discuss it with other people, you begin to see that your life is part of a much larger picture. God works through you and the people around you. Your story matters. The people you meet in a Bible Study just might change your life. I have learned so much from other Christians: about God’s Word and about life. The people I’ve met in Bible Studies are some of the best friends I have!
3. IT HELPS YOU KNOW JESUS BETTER
You know who Jesus is, but do you know HIM? Is He your friend? Your Savior? Is He the person you turn to in a difficult time? The entire Bible points to Jesus. It whispers His name on every page. When you commit to a Bible Study, you put it on your calendar and make it a priority. We’re all busy, but there are studies for The Story almost every day of the week at various times. Can you find one that works for you? Register online!
- All Are Welcome (Day/Time TBD): Led by Denis Hermanas
- All Are Welcome (Day/Time TBD): Led by Steve & Gail Guemmer
- Couples/Kids Sun 6:30pm at Messiah: Led by Matt/Sara Civili & Mike/Kathy Versemann
- Couples Wed 6:30pm: Led by AJ & Kim Cluck
- Couples Fri at 7pm: Led by Kevin Moehring
- Men Thurs at 8pm at C Bennett Warehouse: Led by Andy Engle & Tim Lohmar
- Men Sat at 6:30am: Led by Charles Brewster
- Women Tues 9am at Messiah (child care): Led by Kaki Lang
- Women Tues 1pm at Messiah: Led by Kaki Lang
- Women Wed noon at Messiah: Led by Julie Stroder & Michelle Arnold
- Women at Our Lady’s Inn Friday Evenings: Led by Robbie Poel
2. THE GOSPEL TRANSFORMS YOUR LIFE
The Bible is all about the Gospel – God sending His one and only Son to pay the price for the world’s sin, so that we might have new life on earth and eternity in heaven. It’s not just words – it is life giving. Soak it in. Let it transform your life.
1. IT HELPS YOU ON YOUR LIFE JOURNEY WITH JESUS: LOVE, LEARN, LIVE
Each one of us is on a journey. Did your journey with Jesus begin long ago or is it just starting? It doesn’t matter where you are…God’s Word is the roadmap to keep you pointed at your destination. Studying God’s Word isn’t about resolutions or commitments. It’s a matter of the heart. Study His Word. Discuss it with other people. It might not feel natural or comfortable right away, but stay with it on your journey. It will make all the difference in the world!
JOIN US FOR THE STORY…Sunday Mornings 8 | 9:30 | 11
Small Group Bible Studies | Starting Now!